Thursday 27 December 2018

Is google Echo anything like artificial intelligence..

So, my sometime Dad decided I needed a Google Echo for Xmas.

I have used it for 3 days now and it is an excellent kitchen timer.

However, I cannot pretend this is in anyway AI or artificial intelligence as they suggest is close. At best, it is voice activated Google, except that Google offers me choices, whereas Alexa decides of she has an answer, and the answers are increasingly limited.

The final straw was asking Alexa to not respond until 6 am.  Now even a programmer should be able to program a standard response that works, my phone has a fixed DND option.

Alexa however, responded, I do not know what you want.. so far from being AI, my Amazon Echo is dummer than my computer, my phone, and myself..

Do not be conned by words!

No comments:

Post a Comment